The Manaslu region offers many trekking options. This trek commences from Arughat Bazaar and ceases at Besisahar (starting point of the Annapurna Circuit Trek). The Manaslu trek leads us through the ancient salt–trading route to the steep-sided Budhi Gandaki stream. From Deng, the slopes of ravines ease and views of snow peaks get prodigious. Further, we climb to Lohegaon for the impressive view of Manaslu, with its double peak that is described as "a soaring monarch” with a double-edged summit towering above barley fields. This path follows through the pine-forested Syala village, which offers the stunning view of horseshoe-shaped peaks, and we finally crash at the village of Samagaon which is located at the foot of Manaslu.
Samagaon is a Buddhist religious residence which is home to many monks and nuns. After half a day trek from Samagaon, we reach the village of Samdo. Samdo is the highest village within the Budhi Gandaki depression, settled by Bhotias. This village commands a view of the valley and Pang Phuchi village with a backdrop of the Tibetan border. Further moving, we get to the significant secondary vale i.e Larkha La. Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal, and Kang Guru along the route while occasional views of the Annapurna massif make the trek beautiful. From here, we trek to the meadowland of Bimtang (Bimdakhoti) where the Manaslu massif is clearly visible. From the bank of Budhi Gandaki River, exploring the ancient Buddhist monasteries, crossing the ascending and descending alpine hills, we will be heading towards the Manaslu Base Camp areas. Similarly, after complete expedition of Manaslu Base Camp, we will return back through the same trails following the foothills of Budhi Gandaki valley.
- Trip Name: Manaslu Base Camp Trekking
- Trip Code: MANASLU-YWJZ91
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Multi-day Tour,Miking Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY ,HIKING AND WALKING
- Experiences: Nature ,Adventure
- Starting Point: At Tribhuvan International Airport
- Ending Point: At Your Next Destination
What to expect ?
Our Manaslu Base Camp trekking is fully flexible and reliable for you to get a glimpse of these fabulous hills, Himalayas, mountains, rivers, heritage, nature, flora, fauna, and the colorful rhododendron forests.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport - (1360m.)
On your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will pick you up from the airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
If you wish to comprehend Nepal’s historical and cultural values, sightseeing in Kathmandu valley is crucial. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is a popular destination for tourists. This city offers a marvelous combination of mix religion of Hinduism, Buddhism, and some imported culture. Kathmandu carries the cultural and religious legacy that can be found at temples, monuments, and artifacts. Patan and Bhaktapur are a neighbor city that reflects a similar legacy. In the half-day tour, you will be guided to Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa. Pashupatinath is a Hindu Shrine where people worship Lord Shiva whereas Boudhanath is the biggest Stupa of Nepal. And for the rest of the day, we will prepare for the trek. You can buy your missing equipment for your trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu (1350M/4429ft) to Arughat (710m/2329ft) about 8 hrs drive
After breakfast, we will drive to Arughat Khol which is approximately 7-8 hours’ drive. We will drive all the way to Dhading Bensi through Kathmandu-Pokhara Highway. Then its 4 hours’ drive to Arughat through the rough road with the scenic view of landscape, villages, rivers, Mt Ganesh Himal and Manaslu.
Overnight in Arughat.
Day 04: Trek from Arughat to Lapu Bensi (880M/2887 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start our trek by crossing the bridge and then trek through the beautiful Sal forests. We will climb up onto a ridge above the huge white water of Budhi Gandaki and follow a trail blasted out of the straight-up rock to Khorsane (820m). The rocky trail then weaves its systematic up and down from beginning to end of a large position of nettles and passes tropical waterfalls. Then we are again back to the bank of Budhi Gandaki. The trail eventually makes its way down and passes a few rice terraces on an abrupt rocky trail around to the Gurung village of LabuBesi.
Overnight in Lapu Bensi.
Day 05: Trek from Labubensi to Dovan (1070M/3510ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D)
After breakfast, the way will climb behind a rocky projection. The trail makes some small ups and downs. Dropping to the sandy stream bed at 860m from LabuBesi and then rising over an aspect ridge brings us to Machha Khola village (900m). After crossing Tharo Khola reaches to Khorla Besi and climbing over a little ridge, we will do another steep climb to Tatopani (930m), which means "hot water". After a continuous climb on a wide, well-crafted staircase over a ridge to and crash at Dovan.
Overnight in Dovan
Day 06: Trek from Dovan to Jagat (1370M/4494ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we pass through the suspension bridge to cross the Doban Khola. Initially, the route stays low but then climbs on a rugged rocky path to Duman. After climbing some stone stairs, we will reach to Tharo Bharyang. Trekking along the river for a while and climbing through small villages, will take us to Jagat, which is a beautiful flagstone village.
Overnight in Jagat.
Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Deng (2340M/7677 ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
We will continue our trek climbing over a rocky ridge to Salleri (1440m) where we get the excellent views of Shringi Himal. The trail descends to Set Ibas (1430m). The valley widens a fragment as the trail continues up to Ghatte Khola. Hike next to the old trail up to Pangsing, climb to Ngyak, human settlements on this route and home to the Manaslu Conservation Area Project office. From here, you can view Mt. Lapuchun (5,950m).
Overnight in Deng.
Day 08: Trek from Deng to Namrung (2660m/8727ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will descend through the grassy slopes that spread with giant pine trees. Today’s trek will offer a heavily forested area in a narrow valley, bamboo forest, and a collection of rock as we reach the little settlement of Deng (1800m). Then, we will hike through Sringi valley. The ups and downs in the trail through the forest offer the view of the Manaslu Massif before reaching Ghap. Continuing the trek by crossing the Budhi Gandaki through wooden bridges above gorgeous gorges before entering Namrung through a stone archway is the best part of today’s trek. Namrung is a Buddhist village where there are many monasteries, a water turbine, and hydroelectricity powerhouse, Mani walls, Chortens and prayer flags which can be seen fluttering in the sky.
Overnight in Namrung.
Day 09: Trek from Namrung to Sama Gaun (3390M/11122ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start our trek over a winding alleyway which moves from end to end the inner Himalayan range enjoying the views of Rupina la pass, Mt. Manaslu, Gorkha Himal, Dwijen Himal, Saula Himal, Lajing peak, and many other snow-capped mountain peaks. Climbing through a forest of fir, Rhododendron, and Oaks the trail leads to the closely packed houses of Lihi (2900m) and several Buddhist villages along the way.
Overnight in Sama Gaun.
Day 10: Acclimatize rest and exploring day around Sama Gaun (3390M/11122ft), (Lodging At B-L-D),
It's the rest day in Samagaon for adapting your body to the increasing altitude and enjoying the village. Also, we will take a short walk to Manaslu Base Camp or Punggen Gompa. Surrounded by mountains in a passive forest, you can hike to Manaslu Base Camp for excellent views of Samdo (Pang phuchuli); Ngadi Chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu icefall.
Overnight in Sama Gaun.
Day 11: Trek from Sama Gau to Ghap (2400M/7874ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After Breakfast, we will start our trek back to Ghap following same trail.
Overnight in Ghap.
Day 12: Trek from Ghap to Jagat (1370M/4494ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will follow the same trail to reach the Jagat. On the way back, we can enjoy the natural beauty of the forest of pine and Rhododendron.
Overnight in Jagat.
Day 13: Trek from Jagat to Machha Khola (970m/3180 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike down to the Machha Khola in the same way. We hike till Machha Khola.
Overnight in Machha Khola.
Day 14: Trek from Machhakhola to Soti Khola 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike through the bank of the river until we reach Soti Khola.
Overnight in Seti Khola.
Day 15: Drive back from Soti Khola to Kathmandu (1350M/4429ft), 7-8 hrs.’, (Lodging + B)
After the breakfast in the morning session, we will be heading towards Kathmandu along the up-down routes of Soti Khola. It will take us around 7-8 hours to reach Kathmandu. Thus, you will be staying overnight at Kathmandu.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Departure
This is the day of your departure, so we will be having some breakfast and have some farewell interaction with us. Hence, you will be guided towards the airport for your next destination ahead.
* B-L-D: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Private transportation: Airport-Hotel-Airport,
- Guided City Tour in Kathmandu by a Private Vehicle
- Kathmandu Hotel accommodations (bed & breakfast basis),
- Bus Kathmandu-Arughat and Soti Khola- Kathmandu (Yourself & staffs),
- Restricted Area Permit: Manaslu & Tsum Valley,
- Manaslu Conservation Area Entry Permit,
- TIMS Permit (Trekker's Information Management System),
- Teahouse (Lodge) accommodation during the trek,
- Tent (recommended to carry),
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Three meals everyday while on the trek: breakfast, lunch & dinner,
- Experienced English speaking government license holder mountain trekking guide(s),
- Experienced & strong mountain trekking porter(s),
- All programs according to itineraries on full board,
- Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and other facilities to staff during the trek,
- Farewell dinner at a typical Nepali cultural restaurant,
- All kinds of rescue arrangements,
- All kinds of local and government TAX-VAT etc.
- Meals (Lunch & dinner) whilst in Kathmandu,
- Your travel-trekking insurance,
- International airfare,
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (Tipping is expected),
- All kinds of alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Personal shopping, laundry, trekking equipment, etc.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee,
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, an illness which is not under our control,
- Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure or early return from trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned price include sections etc.
- Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx. USD26 per person)
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our company representative will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport, and you will commence the trek from the hotel. If you want, you can cancel the hotel pick up facility and travel by yourself.
- The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
- Price subjected to change if there are more than 2 people in a group.
- We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.
- Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).