Kanchenjunga region admits some of the best trekking pathways in Nepal. These areas are restricted areas, as special permission is applicable for Kanchenjunga trekking. The base camp of Kanchenjunga trekking is at Ramche (4610m). Also, Yalung Glacier is another attraction of this place. Extensive views of Kabru and Rathong Peaks are staggering. Thus, trekking in the Kanchenjunga region is among the premier trekking trails in Nepal.Numerous expeditions are among the significant attraction of Kanchenjunga trekking. The main cliff of Kanchenjunga Himalayas lies at the West & Kangbachen in Taplejung, Nepal.
- Trip Name: Lower Kanchenjunga Trek
- Trip Code: LOWER-KYNQI0
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Live Guide Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: HIKING AND WALKING ,TREKKING HOLIDAY
- Experiences: Adventure ,Nature
What to expect ?
You can view the Natural Environment, Wildlife, Mountains, Peaks, Hills, Flowers, Flora-Fauna, etc.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport - (1360m.)
On your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will pick you from the airport and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
If you wish to comprehend Nepal’s historical and cultural values, sightseeing in Kathmandu valley is crucial. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is a popular destination for tourists. This city offers a marvelous combination of mix religion of Hinduism, Buddhism, and some imported culture. Kathmandu carries the cultural and religious legacy that can be found at temples, monuments, and artifacts. Patan and Bhaktapur are neighbor cities that reflects a similar legacy. In the half-day tour, you will be guided to Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa. Pashupatinath is a Hindu Shrine where people worship Lord Shiva whereas Boudhanath is the biggest stupa of Nepal. And for the rest of the day, we will prepare for the trek. You can buy your missing equipment for your trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur(90m/298ft) and drive to Tharpu (1300M/4429ft), 7-8 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will take a flight from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur. After landing at Bhadrapur, we will drive to reach Ilam for about 3-4 hrs which is popular for tea garden. You will drive all the way through the picturesque green tea garden and rice terrace fields. We will pass through Phidim after 2 ½ hour’s drive. We will reach our destination Tharpu, a small village after one and a half an hour’s drive from Phidim.
Overnight in Thappu.
Day 04: Trek from Tharpu to Chiang Tapu (1550M/5085ft), 5-6 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will take a public jeep from Tharpu to Chyanghthapu since the road is full of dirt and it’s hard to reach Chyangthapu on foot in one day. We will then walk for about 3 ½ hours to Oyam (1,310m), passing the village of Salapkhu (1375m) and Musepa (1245m). To reach Chayngthapu we will have to walk another 15 km all along the dirt path through Namreek, Gadhi, and Palaincha.
Overnight in Chyangthapu.
Day 05: Trek from Chyangthapu to Phalut/Simhalila Bhanjyang (3450M/11318ft), 7-8 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will leave Chyangthapu behind and move towards east descending for 5-10 minutes where we will meet Y junction. Just after the junction, we will traverse the suspension bridge over the Mewa Khola. Then after, a gradual ascent will take you to the shaded forest with cardamom plants. On the way, you will also go across the small bamboo bridge over Moruwa Khola Ghari and continue to walk up in the forest following Moruwa Khola. We will meet another Y-junction after half an hour walk and then we will pass through the small village of Moruwa Khola Ghari and take after a steep walk to Moruwa Ghari Chowk. We keep on ascending through the splendid forest and reach Lem Pokhari where we will see the open field of shepherd hut. If the weather is clear, we can see an incredible view of Mount Jannu Kumbhakarna (7,711m).
Overnight in Jannu/ Kumbhakarna.
Day 06: Trek from Phalut to Chyangthapu (1550M/5085ft), 6-7 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will ascend 15 minutes from Phalut and reach the main wall (3,582) where we can observe stunning views. The viewpoint offers a stunning view of Kanchenjunga, Makalu Barun, and Mt. Jannu range with 360 views of Darjeeling, Sikkim, Bhutan. We will continue our hike northwards and reach Phalut Thorepule where there is Y-Junction. We will further move northwest that takes us to Chiang Tapu. Then we will descend and pass through the small pond, forest, and small landslide area. We will meet several Y –junction followed by ups and downs and straight trails. The trail offers a beautiful forest with mountain ranges
Overnight in Chayangthapu.
Day 07: Trek from Chyangthapu to Limbuding (1250M/4101ft), 6-7 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start following the dirt road, crossing a suspension bridge over the Iwa Khola. We will cross through the small village of Namek. Then we will pass through Mewa Khola(river) suspension bridge. After an hour's walk, the trail gets leveled and goes through a beautiful wooded area, waterfall, and shops where we can have snacks and tea. After many junctions, ascends and descends, we will reach Sablakhu Bhanjyang where the trails lead us to our destination called Limbuding.
Overnight in Limbuding.
Day 08: Trek from Limbuding to Orakpa/Warappa (1906M/6253ft), 8-9 hrs. (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike down to the Phewa Khola and Kabeli Khola from Lumding. The trail goes along with the Suspension bridge. After 15 min we will reach Kabeli Khola where we will start climbing. We will cross the beautiful village of Amegudin and hike following Kabeli Khola. We walk till Orakpo.
Overnight in Orakpo.
Day 09: Trek from Orakpa to Thulo Phedi (3155M/10351ft), 5-6 hrs. (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start our trek by descending down for about half an hour over a steep and slippery trail through the Cardamom field to the suspension bridge of Phewa Khola. After a steep ascent through the forest to Bolu Danda which is a pilgrim route to Pathibhara temple, we will walk to Guranse Danda and Thulo Phedi (3,155m).
Overnight in Thulo Phedi.
Day 10: Hike up to Thulo Phedi to Pathibhara Temple (3757M/12326ft), 2-3 hrs. and trek from Thulo Phedi (3155M/10351ft) to Taplejung (1800M/5905ft), 5-6 hrs, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After an early morning hike to Pathibhara temple, we will get the stunning incredible backdrop of Kanchanjunga and Makalubarun ranges from the top of the hill. After 90 minutes, we will reach the temple, and after one hour of descending, we will get back to Thulo Phedi. We will continue our hike to downhill till Bolu Danda, Kafleparty, Terse Deurali, Sano Deurali, and Suketar. Then we will cross Gurung Gumba which is named after Buddhist Monastery where we can find a burning butter lamp since the construction. We will then arrive at Taplejung.
Overnight in Taplejung
Day 11: Drive from Taplejung to Ilam (1200M/3937 ft), 6-7 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will drive back to Illam which is a pleasant place to stay bounded by tea plantation. We will get to have organic tea.
Overnight in Ilam.
Day 12: Drive to Birtamod/ Bhadrapur, Fly to Kathmandu
After early morning breakfast and sightseeing of the Ilam tea garden, we will take 3 hours’ drive to Bhadrapur and then fly to Kathmandu.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 13: Departure
- Pick up & drop from airport,
- Guided City Tour in Kathmandu by a Private Vehicle
- Kathmandu accommodations in Bed & Breakfast Basis,
- Flight from Kathmandu-Bhadrapur-Kathmandu,
- Private transport from Bhadrapur- Private transport from Birtamod-Taplejung & Dauj-La (Deurali)-Tumlingtar via Khandbari,
- Pass to stay in Phalut (India); to be obtained from the police station in Chyangthapu,
- TIMS Permit (Trekker's Information Management System),
- KCAP Permit (Kanchenjunga)
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Camping accommodation during trek,
- Three meals everyday while on the trek: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
- Soft drinks like hot water, coffee, tea, juice, soup, bakery food, etc.
- Camping equipment like tents (dining tent, sleeping tent, kitchen tent), mattress, kitchen items, etc.
- Experienced English speaking government license holder mountain trekking guide,
- Experienced and strong mountain trekking camping staff like porters, kitchen boy, Sarder, tent boy, etc.
- All program according to itineraries on full board
- Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and other facilities to staffs during the trek,
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepali cultural restaurant,
- Rescue arrangements,
- Local & government TAX/VAT etc.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner) whilst in Kathmandu & Birtamod/Jhapa
- Your travel to trekking insurance,
- International airfare,
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected),
- All kinds of alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Personal shopping, laundry, trekking equipment, etc.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee,
- Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu In- case of Early Arrival, Late Departure or Early Return from Trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, the illness which are not under our control,
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned price include section etc.
- Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx. USD26 per person)
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our company representative will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport, and you will commence the trek from the hotel.
- The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
- Price subjected to change if there are more than 3 people in a group.
- We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.
- Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).